Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Flock Star by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

If you are a fan of Flamingos and interactive cards you can't go wrong with the Flamingo Wiggle Wabble set! All the Wiggle Wabble sets are so cute!! 


To start I added a Simon Says Stamp Dot & Lines stencil to the front of a white card base. I used washi tape to hold it in place. Then I added liquid glue to the stencil, just like it was paste. I set it aside to dry and cleaned off the stencil before the glue could dry.


While my background was drying I stamped and die cut all the pieces from the Flamingo set. Then I used my Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils to color the image, instead of using water I used a basic alcohol blender pen to create a watercolor-like look. I used Petunia, Carmine, Ebony, Strawberry, Coral, Bottle Green.


Then I assembled the flamingo with the tiny brads that come with the set. If you run out an can purchase more here. Next, when my background was drying I added some gold foil and ran it through my die cutting machine. The dried glue is sticky enough to hold the gold foil. 


I cut a strip of pattern paper from my scrap pile and stamped the Happy Birthday Flock Star sentiment. I added the strip across the card. Last I added the Flamingo with a wobble.



Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!!


3 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

This is really cute Dana! Love the stencilled background!

Sharon Caudle said...

I love seeing how you create your backgrounds, Dana! Great card!

Dot J Freel said...

So cute and fun!